NEW with Audio – click link above
This is a common success tool but one that I have found to be EXTREMELY effective and a concept I coach with each of my clients on.
Through my experience in sales and building and growing sales organizations I’ve continually studied ways to enhance performance. I’ve always been in a commissioned based role which really means “paid of performance” – if you PERFORM you get PAID!
This concept “birthed” due to a need to run an ACTIVE and CONSISTENT business. It’s so simple it almost makes it silly………….but try it for yourself and see what happens!
What you need:
- 8 x 10 white sheet of paper (or another format of your choice)
- I have since moved onto large poster-board (you can see that in the picture)
- Post-it-notes (preferably something jazzy! – I prefer these star stickers you see in the picture!)
- Colored pens
What you do:
- First off…….put your name in the center of the paper (I’ve always referred to “Superstars” hence the star I colored around my name and the star post-it’s I use.
- When you do something A-M-A-Z-I-N-G in your business write it down on the post-it-note. The purpose of using post-its’ is it keeps this VERY SIMPLE it does not give you too much space to ramble and lose focus – just dot down your SUCCESS.
Here are a few examples of what you might put down;
- Added 3 to my team this week
- Wrote a Press Release
- Confirmed speaking gig
- Had my first $2,000 day!
- Hired a coach!
- Started Power Lunch calls with team
- Hit team goal, on-target for sales trip!
** side note – it’s helpful to put down the date on the back of the post-it.
The main purpose for this is a “visual reminder” of how great things are going and what success actions you are taking in your business. Again, these are actions that go above-and-beyond your normal tasks………..these are “game-changing” actions you are taking to get to the next level.
I recommend you hang this somewhere in your office and add to it weekly – take out ONE GREAT ACTION you took that week and post-it to your SUCCESS BOARD.
Now, comes the BEST part of this tool………….on those days when your “not feeling it” the best thing you can do is take down one of the post-its and take that action that day! It is an action you felt good about and offered a return………….what this does is keep your business running ACTIVE and CONSISTENT.
In sales or when leading others it can be a challenge to consistently motivate yourself……….that’s the point, you are no longer re-working the wheel but you are going back to some amazing actions that you’ve once taken and simply doing it again! This will push you into the “mastery zone” which will allow you to get to the next level of performance.
My wish for you in 2013 is to be happy with what you have while you pursue all that you want!
Love and belief! Your Nationwide Success Coach and Motivator, Marlo