Each year I start with a new WORD and MANTRA. I’ve never enjoyed New Year’s resolutions (to me it’s setting you up for failure) rather, I like to empower myself by creating and defining the type of year I’d like to have. It starts with defining the WORD that best describes the type of year I’d like to have.
My WORD in 2014 was O-P-E-N | O-P-E-N-N-E-S-S. Ahhh, sounds free already right? The MANTRA that I created to go with it was; Make me USEFUL and be open to RECEIVE. It came in many different forms:
• A 50 pound weight loss
• Traveled to places I’ve dreamed about (Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard, Cape Cod, Newport to name of few of the places I went)
• Trained a new puppy (lost our dear family pet)
• Made fun home/cabin upgrades,
• Broke 40 with my golf game,
• Supported our teenagers with finding their independence with college and independent living
• It was the ‘summer of boats’ for us
• I continued to serve clients with integrity and grew my business.
In short, I feel blessed.
So, why share? It’s powerful to be transparent. I have received so much this year, and now I’m more ready than ever to share my abundance with you.
The slate is clean. My focus is greater than ever. I’m looking forward to ‘getting back in the saddle’ and once again, having a bit more consistency with sharing strategies and business growth ideas. 2015 is going to be another amazing year. I’m still working on my WORD; once it’s locked in I will share it with you!
You have the power to create. I challenge you to start today. Think about the WORD that best describes what you’d like to see for yourself in 2015. Start by putting words that come to your mind on a post-it sticker. Give yourself a week to 10 days to define what you want 2015 to be for you. Then step out and declare it! Stand with conviction in that WORD and get ready to run the 365 day race full on fast!
Just imagine what you’ll have accomplished this time next year as you reflect on what you’ve achieved.
Ignite Your Success!