This week I would like to answer a frequent question I have in regards to my how my coaching sessions work. I have mentioned goals a lot in the past few weeks and I have challenged you to think about what yours look like. When working one-on-one with my clients, the next step is to break that goal down into manageable steps in order to see results. Does this sound overly simple? That’s because it is. I’ll say it again, that what I do is not scientific, or magical, but it IS strategic.
I’m sharing with you the first Game Plan in my playbook. It can be a game changer for those who have the drive to see it through. Do you think you can handle a challenge? Let’s do this.
Here is an example of a business owner saying, “I want to focus on networking and increasing exposure.”
The Game Plan:
- Set the GOAL: Make it specific.
- Trade vague terms like “focus on” for specifics. Revision: “I’d like to build my client base by 100 new clients by December 31, 2015.”
- Take Stats: Look at what you’ve done.
- How many networking events have you attended and in what locations? This allows you to expand your reach when you stretch yourself outside your market.
- TIP: It’s one thing to ATTEND, but are you accepting business cards and information from others? Many folks show up like a fundraiser and pass out THEIR information but the MAGIC comes when you obtain it from others and CONTACT THEM.
- A 12-week snapshot allows you to re-calibrate and fix anything before it becomes a bad habit.
- Results: What’s changed?
- REALLY look at what you’ve done down to the details. This is where you will see what you are doing GREAT and what needs to CHANGE.
- Ask yourself;
- Am I satisfied with this result?
- What do I need to change to get better results?
- Actions: Be the Action Captain.
- YOU are responsible for your own results. Most folks start with great momentum and drive but start to fizzle out. CONSISTENCY will give you the results you are looking for. Don’t give up!
I challenge you this week to look at the Game Plan and see how these four steps can be applied to your own goals. Call on me if you need someone to assist you with this. The best part of goal setting is accountability. It’s one thing to write down your goal, but it’s a completely different thing to actually take the actions to make it happen. Go for it. You deserve it!
Ignite Your Success!